summer 2009, the year I met my husband
By senior year of college, I had gone from being the less than 130 lb college freshman to being almost 160 lbs. My dad passed away, and it got even worse. Over the next year, I got all the way up into the 170s, a weight I had jokingly told me friends to "kill me" if I ever got to. I was such an arrogant kid, thinking my natural athletic ability would protect me from ever being anything but skinny.
After seeing myself in pictures, and making a huge decision in my life, to get tested for Huntington's Disease, a dominant genetic disorder that has no cure and what my mother passed away from, I knew I had to change. I knew whether the results were good or bad, I needed to start getting healthy for myself again. I didn't want to be a depressed miserable person anymore. I started running again, ate less junk, and viola! I was on track to being healthy again.
summer 2010, a year after meeting my husband
Then I met my now husband, and off track I went once again. I like to think of that as my happy fat phase. I gained some weight, got lazy with my running. Although I still forced my body to complete my first marathon, the Marine Corps Marathon, in almost 5.5 hrs, nowhere near my under 4 hrs time I know I am capable of someday. Plus, we ate out A LOT.
fall 2010, engagement party
6 months post twins, August 2012
Unfortunately, I used pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever, whenever, especially once we found out we were having TWINS. After all, I was eating for three now, not just two. I got all the way to 240 lbs, gaining over 90 lbs over the course of the pregnancy. I was ashamed to be in pictures with my two amazing little boys, and was depressed looking at how many more pics we had of the boys with my husband because of my shame of getting in front of the camera.
Beachbody Before/After, during pregnancy late 2011 to summer 2013
Beachbody Results
I am gearing up for this next little bundle of joy, and ready to lose all this weight once again. However, I have left beachbody in favor of something I KNOW will not only help me lose the weight, but help me to keep from ever putting on so much weight ever again. With beachbody, I felt like it was all about drinking this magic shake and working out nonstop. At the end of the day, I didn't feel like I made real nutritional change. I felt like I didn't have enough support with healthy eating, except from fellow coaches who were not necessarily trained and just supporting each other. I think that's great, but I am someone who needs a little more structure than that.
Ethiopia, October 2013
It is an amazing fat loss program that focuses on putting the right foods into your body day in and day out. It teaches people how to get their bodies performing at maximum performance to lose fat from their bodies while also keeping energy levels consistent and high. Plus it is completely customizable for every person. If I really need to, there is a Simply Delivered option, just like I had with Jenny Craig, except without all the excess junk in it, and completely in line with the low GI eating that is the focus of the program. I cook now though, so I will be using one of the other options. I just am obsessed with all of the different choices I have!
Now don't get me wrong, exercise is still part of the journey to anyone becoming healthy, but it's not the focus. I took an amazing 2 day training to learn everything I could about this program, and cannot wait to see results I am going to have once this little guy evacuates my belly. I LOVE that there was a real life in person training to teach me about the program, and why it is the best out there. Eviction notice is up for baby boy Swartz #3, as far as I'm concerned, so I will be posting soon all about my journey to becoming a fit twin mom again!
This morning, 39 weeks pregnant







No comments:
Post a Comment